The landscape of flowers

Viewed up close flowers seem like exotic trees in a landscape. The inside of basil flower:


And other parts and flowers I don't know names for:


But look at that strange stuff in the center:




Since I first saw moss in closeup on my computer screen I've become more interested in it. Two types from my garden:



Again these look like scenes from a landscape from the point of view of an insect.


But we'll probably never know what an insect thinks when it sees. Or sees when it thinks. If it does. Considering human vision, in Incognito by David Eagleman, he tells that Helmholz pointed out that there is no light inside the skull. It is a totally dark place. We see by unconcious inference.

No light inside the skull, and yet we see...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3D printers – about time I got one eh?

How I don't learn from experience