Of Socks and Sandals.

Are you one of those mediocre minded sheep humans who thinks that people who wear sandals with socks are sexual perverts (at worst) or unimaginative techies (at best)? If so, switch off your brain (already in standbye it seems), stop reading this and get back to posting photos of your latest meal on FaceBook.

I've decided that instead of staying in the summer office all day with steaming sweaty smelly feet it would be best to wear sandals, with or without socks. But since I live in a fashion dictatorship (where fat girls show off rolls of flesh above tight jeans and thin women clump loudly and clumsily around on shoes that make them look as if they have two wooden legs and men wear long floppy knitted hats because, because, well, because, why???)... Hmmm. Got distracted. Anyway. As I was saying since I live in a fashion dictactorship I have to wear sandals with socks, secretly. So I have to find black sandals and always were them with black socks.

Well Owen, I can hear you say, that won't fool many people for very long.

You're right. But those who have known me for a long time don't need fooling, they already know my limits and failings. And those who don't know me might be fooled long enough to consider my personality more than my footwear. As some ladies say: "My face is up here, not down there..."

So, I need to wear sandals and socks by stealth, but I could not find any totally black sandals, so I bought some black sandals with white trimmings and painted the white trimmings with acrylic paint...



(Maybe I should post this on instructables.com too?)

I may have to go over some of the plastic white bits with a black magic marker. Acrylic paint soaks into textiles very well, but scrapes off plastic quite quickly.

Since I am no longer allowed to go down onto the factory floor to fix the electical testing equipment without special boots, why not go the whole hog and just wear sandals with no socks? I'm not that brave, I lack the courage. The fashion dictatorship can only be attacked obliquely.

The problem is that I forgot that I haven't got any black socks, only dark blue ones...


Anyway, the next challenge is to get out of the house without my wife seeing my footwear. Maybe I should hide the sandals in the boot of my car?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3D printers – about time I got one eh?

How I don't learn from experience